Thursday, September 28, 2017

knowledge is power and power comes from money

I went to academia.edu and saw that there are 15 recently uploaded papers that mention my name.

It also says on their site "Academia's mission is to make every scholarly and scientific paper available for free on the internet..."

When I click on "get started" (which is right below this "free" message) I'm shown a box in which I have to put my credit card information and pay them 79 euros before I can see these papers that are available for free.

I'm just a high school drop out. Are there any intellectuals out there who can tell me what "free" means in the academic community?

I looked on their site for a way to contact them but I can't find anything.

Another question, just out of curiosity, does everyone think that everyone who has access to the internet can afford all this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment