Monday, October 17, 2016

Call for Manuscript Submissions


malafemmina press will be publishing an anthology of writings by and about Neapolitan descent people, wherever they live (whether the U.S., Canada, Australia, Germany, France, even in Italy, or anywhere else), whatever generation they are, both women and men, even half Neapolitan.

 

If you fit in anywhere, you’re welcome to submit work, which should be about Neapolitan culture, how and why you identify as Neapolitan, what being Neapolitan means to you, what your experiences have been as a Neapolitan.

 

There are only two requirements:

 

1. pride in being Neapolitan

2. real knowledge and understanding of Neapolitan culture

 

I will not consider whining and complaining about Neapolitan culture. I will not consider anything that comes across as an apology for being a wop.

 

If you want to complain, complain about the racists.

 

I will be very pleased to consider work that is not politically correct.

 

Although I hope to see essays, poetry will be considered, too. As of now, I have set no limitations as to length. I’d like to see the work first. I haven’t yet established a deadline.

 

I’m looking for real knowledge and understanding of Neapolitan culture, not crap the media told you.

 

If you’ve got any questions, write to Rose Romano at malafemmina.press@virgilio.it and I’ll be happy to answer, assuming I know the answer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment